Saturday, June 1, 2013

THE TIP IS THE BEST PART

We all know the tip is the best part.  It's filled with chocolate, I assume to stop the ice cream from leaking, but no one holds it long enough for that to happen, right?  David finished his in about five minutes, maybe less.  He likes to break the head off, eat the cone, then eat the ice cream last.  Me, I like to nibble off the nuts and chocolate around the base of the cone clockwise and then work my way to the top til all the chocolate's gone, then lick the ice cream dome til it's level with the cone.  Then I slowly eat the rim of the cone the same way as I did the chocolate, clockwise, while I periodically suck on the ice cream.  (I didn't realize til now that I had a system).  When I get down to the hard chocolate at the tip of the cone, the best part, I really savor it.  It looks like a tiny chocolate ice cream cone!  It's too cute to just gobble up.  If you suck on it a little the chocolate gets softer and glistens, and it melts in your mouth.  Yeah, the tip is the best part.

So, that's how I enjoy a Nestle Drumstick.  I like the original vanilla flavor best and chocolate second.  My kids only like the caramel ones.  They have several kinds out now I guess, but I think when I was a kid they only had vanilla.  Don't remember.

Anyway, I didn't set out to write a piece about Drumsticks.  The thing I wanted to share was one of those really funny things that when they happen, it's hilarious and it's not the kind of thing you could just make up.  It's just too silly.

Last night David finished his quickly, as usual.  I did my thing with mine and finished.  Then a little later Abby said, "Hey, I got two tips!  How cool is that!"  She was holding up her "tiny chocolate ice cream cone" in one hand and another one in the other.  "My cone had its tip but then I found an extra tip at the bottom of my wrapper!  I love the tip, it's the best part!"

So that was pretty neat right?  I mean, if you love Drumsticks you know you love the tip best.  But then the kicker was David saying, "What?  That's not fair.  I didn't even get a tip!  I thought it just broke off but I checked the wrapper and it wasn't there."

Ok, I lost it then.  That was just too hilarious.  David didn't even mention not having a tip, he just enjoyed his cone anyway, and then here's Abby going, "I got an extra tip!"  Oh my God, that was just so funny.  What are the odds?  I love those kinds of coincidences that just happen in the right way or else you wouldn't have even noticed it.

No comments: