Monday, June 17, 2013

SHIFTING FROM LOGIC TO INTUITION

I thought I'd share something about what I've learned about shifting awareness between Logic and Intuition.  Many of you have probably seen me mention my project of developing psychic ability, or intuition.  I've studied it for years, diligently, and have adhered to all the rules and tricks and tips I've learned along the way.  It's why I got attracted to Bruce Moen's work and what he teaches, because his tools and techniques for nonphysical exploration are the same thing as using intuition.

My kids and I started doing geocaching.  It's something to get you outside walking, with the fun of exploring for hidden treasure.  People anywhere in the world can hide a cache and then post its whereabouts on line.  You log on and it finds your location, and it gives you coordinates for nearby caches, and the GPS guides you there with a little map showing where you are in relation to the hidden cache.  The GPS tells you how many miles and then feet you are away, the closer you get.  It's never precise and can only come just so close, so once you get in the general vicinity you just have to look around.  Some caches are "microscopic" which is smaller than the size of a tiny tube of pencil lead, or they can be the size of a lunchbox, small ammo box, or much bigger.  So you just look under rocks, between rocks, logs, bushes, trees, anywhere.  Inside the cache, if it's big enough, is paper to sign and date and sometimes little "treasures", toys or souvenirs...take one, leave one.

So the very first one my daughter Abby and I tried, well we had no idea what we were looking for.  We didn't know how big it would be or how obvious it would stand out.  We were led to a creek filled with water, mud, cattails, and rocks.  Trees and grass and rocks surrounding the area.  A tunnel where the creek went under the road.  The GPS had us pointed right into the creek.  Abby said, "Well I'm not adventurous enough to get down there and look through all that."  And I wasn't either!

We knew the GPS had us in the general area but one step one direction and you were suddenly several feet away from the supposed spot.  It was a little confusing to know exactly where we were supposed to be looking!  The how-to video on the Geocaching site tells you that if you get within 20 feet or so, just start looking all around you in any direction since the GPS can never be exact.  Well, we realized this could be harder than we thought.  We walked and looked around all the trees, looking for disturbed earth.  Looking for tracks or obvious spots where something was out of place.  Looking for anything odd or an obvious hiding spot.  Nothing.  Got back down toward the creek again and cringed at the thought of looking in it.

As I walked along the creek, I remember thinking that I didn't want to just give up.  This was adventurous, and I didn't want to disappoint my daughter, and I am not a person who gives up easily.  When I want something, I do everything I can to get it.  So then I told myself, "Vicky!  Duh!  You're looking logically.  You need to focus intuitively and just feel for it.  This is a perfect opportunity."

I used a little mental trick...I envisioned a gauge stick shifting from the left side of my brain to the right, kind of like watching the speedometer when you step on the gas.  Once it shifted over I stopping thinking and turned my attention on what I felt.  I felt like turning my head to my left,  so I did.  My eyes fell on one rock near the creek bed at the head of the tunnel around 15 to 20 feet away from me.  I walked straight toward that rock knowing that my intuition had pointed me there.

I said to Abby, "It's right here.  It has to be right here."  And she saw me reach down and pick up that rock.  Underneath it was a tiny cache the size of a pill bottle covered in camouflage tape and nestled in a little nook in the dirt.  I remember Abby saying, "Oh my gosh how did you know it was there?  How did you do that?"  But she knows.  I told her my intuition told me and she wasn't surprised.  My kids are used to it.

Switching from logic to intuition was like going from trying to look, to deciding to just stop looking.  All that was left was what I felt.  It happens in a flash of an instant, so you have to pay attention to whatever you feel, no matter what it is.  And it really doesn't matter what it is, just as long as you notice a feeling.  When you do, follow through.  Following through means having no doubt about the process.  Don't question it, analyze it, or work out in your mind if it makes sense or not.  Just allow your conscious awareness to move with it.  In this case, it meant turning my head toward where I got pulled, and walking over to where my eyes were looking.

1 comment:

LaughingRain said...

wow, very instructional, very well put together article. I knew exactly what u were talking about and think it's like hemisync the 2 lobes of the brain, the left to the right where u stop thinking, stop looking. good one! thanks!