Saturday, June 18, 2011

NONPHYSICAL PERCEPTION

On a TV show on the biography channel called "The Unexplained", they were showing accounts of haunted houses that families lived in and really believe they're haunted. Of course they had to also show scientists who were giving their professional opinions as to why these houses could not possibly be haunted because such things don't really exist. From what I now know of my OWN experiences and what I've come to believe from all my years of studying, these people who claim to scientifically disprove ghosts and the afterlife clearly haven't had their own direct experience with any such event. Yet they claim to be experts based on science that isn't capable of proving the paranormal real.

I believe in and trust science just as much as the next person, but what we're talking about here requires a different type of logic, evidence, and proof.

For instance, one of the stories that was really intriguing was that a man committed suicide in a house and was haunting the new owners. A man was called in to investigate, who was sensitive to feeling, sensing, and communicating with spirits. He was able to locate the deceased spirit and convince him that crossing over into the afterlife was where he needed to be and that he needn't fear judgement for his sins during his physical life. It took some patience and persistence but the man decided to cross over. The medium and the husband and wife owners of the house all witnessed a brilliant blue light of energy at this moment that they couldn't explain by physical-world means. They were video recording the entire event, but upon reviewing the tape they found that the blue energy light was not on the recording. The medium believed that it wasn't meant to be for all to see, that that magnificent event was only meant to be for the 3 people who saw it first-hand. I tend to agree with him, but only a little bit.

Now, the professional scientist skeptics said that the three people in attendance had all created this event from their imaginations, which is why the blue energy did not appear on film. I agree with him a little bit too, except for the fact that he doesn't believe ghosts and such experiences to be real.

But here's what I know. Taking into account that this is a true story, I believe that what those people saw was real and that they did see it with their imaginations. That is to say, the way they perceived it wasn't the same way we perceive a physical event. What they witnessed was a nonphysical experience, not a physical one, and they perceived it nonphysically. This is my explanation as to why it didn't appear on the video. Not everything that is real has to be physically real. There is such a thing as nonphysical perception. Even with all my experience, it's taken me a long time to wrap my head around this concept, but it's true. It's not a cop-out answer for being unable to gather and provide physical-world proof to those folks who say that "if you can't show and prove it to me, then it isn't real."

To those folks I say that they haven't themselves had nor been aware of having an experience of perceiving nonphysically. If they did, and if they allowed it into their awareness, and if from that experience they were able to gather and verify some piece of information that they could not have any other "normal" physical-sense means of perceiving, then they would begin to have an idea of the concept of nonphysical perception. And I would like to challenge them to finding a way to prove it in the same way we prove physical-world events through physical sense means. I bet they'd have a hard time choosing between their scientific beliefs and what they just experienced first-hand that they cannot possibly prove through their scientific measurements. Just because a scientific piece of equipment couldn't capture and record something, doesn't mean it didn't happen or wasn't real. And even if it did capture it, it's still not enough proof to me of what's real. I need to have my own first-hand experiences before I decide what to believe.

It simply just gets to the point where you have to make a choice. The skeptics who want to believe that science has limitations and boundaries that don't include the paranormal will likely never have their own direct experience with it. The rest of us who have know that the means and methods that they require as proof isn't going to do enough to prove it to them. They will always have some logical explanation to discount what they themselves have not yet experienced.

When my son asked me, "Well if you can perceive nonphysically through using your imagination, then doesn't that mean it's not real?" And I challenged him to a thought experiment. I asked him to use his mind to imagine what his best friend looks like. He did, and I asked if that was a real image or not. He thought it was both real and not real, and I said that was right. I told him that his mind can imagine both. Then I asked him what would it mean to him if he suddenly imagined in his mind seeing his friend falling off the roof and breaking his leg. And then to prove it he called his friend and asked what just happened. If that friend said, "I just fell off the roof and broke my leg!", would that information be real or not? He said it would be real.

My point was to show him that if there's any possible way to experience information that is true or real in any way, through perception that is anything other than your physical senses of perception, even if you couldn't prove it, would you believe that that was a genuine and reliable way to perceive? If you experienced it enough times giving you enough of your own proof, yes you would. Even if you couldn't prove it to anyone else.

This is what my own psychic development project and spiritual journey are about, trying to discover enough about my own nonphysical senses of perception in order to come to conclusions about how it works and what I can learn about it.

No comments: