Wednesday, May 7, 2014

IF YOU DO THIS, TRY THIS

I accidentally tossed the lid to the margarine tub onto a still-hot burner on my glass top stove.  Within seconds it started to melt.  I pulled it off and what was left was warped.  Boy, did I ever feel stupid!  I’m constantly reminding my kids, “Don’t touch that, it’s still hot” and here I go and do something like this.

Not only did my 3 pound tub of margarine now no longer have a lid, but the ink from the label had transferred to the stove top!

I tried to gently scrape it off while it was still hot but it was definitely stuck on there.  Even after it completely cooled, washing it didn’t work.  I didn't know what to do.  I was so embarrassed for having been so stupid.

Fortunately by pure accident I found an ingenious way to completely remove the impression!  A couple weeks later I needed to use that same burner--the little one in the back that hardly ever gets used--and when I was finished I didn’t even notice the stain on the stove was gone.  It wasn’t until I was loading up the dishwasher when I saw the back of the sauce pan I’d used.  The entire impression was now permanently imprinted onto the bottom of the pot!


No comments: