Saturday, July 4, 2015

TRUST WHAT YOU FEEL

Two and a half years ago while getting my taxes done the third year in a row by the same tax preparer, she told me this would be her last year.  I remember noticing the palms of her hands had some kind of red rash that looked like the skin was missing a couple layers, and I wondered if some health issues related to that was the reason she was quitting.  She noticed me looking and she said, "It's a rash.  But don't worry, it's not contagious."  But that's not what I was thinking about when I saw her hands. 

What I was thinking was, she's on chemo.  She must have cancer.  I wonder what kind of cancer she has.  I knew better than to ask such a personal thing.  And too, I thought, maybe I'm wrong.  I didn't know anyone on chemo and had no idea if chemo actually caused that.  I remember thinking, I'll never know if I'm right or not. 

My skin reaction isn't as bad, but since being on chemo for my colon cancer and having the same peeling skin rash, I now know my intuition was correct two and a half years ago.  The message keeps coming to mind that I can trust my senses without second-guessing myself.  For the past few months, uncertainty about intuitive feelings regarding something dear and personal to me was recently cleared with validation.  And because of these two incidences it's really set in what trusting my intuition feels like.  Each time I look back on it I get the feeling of "trust what you feel."  It's as if, second-guessing for long periods of time before having validation really has a way of driving the lesson home.  I don't know if it makes more of an impact than instant verification, or if it's just the satisfaction of finally being validated. 

No comments: