Thursday, September 12, 2013

MEDICAL INTUITION

I wonder why I get psychic information about some things, but not others.  Even when it comes to bad things---things I don't want to happen but are going to happen anyway, and there's nothing I can do to prevent it--if I receive information psychically about it, there's usually a feeling of  "but everything's going to be ok".  It's weird.  It's frustrating to be told about something in advance that you won't have any control over, but there's something very exciting about receiving the feeling of comfort, of knowing there's a reason and knowing everything really is going to be ok.

Prior to each unexpected surgery I've had, I was aware of it psychically days or weeks in advance.  A couple days before my son was born, I knew something was wrong with him--- that I'd need a c-section and that he'd have a birth defect---even though everyone including my doctor assured me that every expectant mother has these fears.  I told them this was different than worry or fear, that I could actually feel something was wrong.  Two days later during routine labor, I was rushed into an emergency c-section.  My baby was in cardiac distress, and after he was born he was found to have a malformed trachea and esophagus, requiring surgery.

Less than a year later, I was told psychically each day for two months that I had a tumor in my lungs!  One night I awoke coughing up blood and rushed to the ER.  They found a tumor growing inside my left lower lung, which had to be removed in order to get rid of the entire mass which had broken blood vessels, filling my lungs with blood.

Six weeks ago---to the exact day of the lung resection seventeen years ago---I had an acute appendicitis.  For several weeks prior, I had a foreboding feeling that an appendicitis was coming, although I had no symptoms or pain to indicate it.  It was purely by intuition.  I felt a lack of energy and a general sense of malaise, but no pain.  Each time I wondered what could be wrong with me appendicitis popped into my head.  But I had absolutely no pain!

I tried to tune into this idea, psychically, to try and validate or verify somehow that my thoughts of an appendicitis were not just an irrational fear or worry, and what I got was the distinct feeling that my body was in some process of change that would culminate into something medical requiring surgery.  Appendicitis came into my mind again and again.  I finally just accepted that if the appendicitis was coming, there was nothing I could do to prevent it.  With no pain or fever, I doubt any tests would have shown an appendicitis yet.  I felt that doing nothing was my best choice.  Why try to stave off a possible inflamed appendix with antibiotics?  Would my doctor have even suggested it?  It seems better to just let the process happen, get the surgery, and have it be over with!

So, when the acute appendicitis finally started happening I wasn't surprised.  I was just mad that I'd have to have another surgery!

After the surgery, I did some research on the Internet to find out if it was possible to feel the onset of an appendicitis with no symptoms other than general fatigue and malaise, and so far the only precursors I've seen mentioned involve severe pain.  I had no pain in the weeks before the appendicitis.  These stories on the Internet were of people being rushed to the ER in severe pain only to be told everything was fine, and not end up actually having the appendicitis until weeks or months later!

That's what prevented me from rushing to the ER that night.  When the pain started, I thought, Ok here it is.  This is it.  It's real.  Now what do I do?  I was afraid of going to the hospital and being told they couldn't find anything wrong with me yet.  So I waited as long as I could, six hours, until I just couldn't take the pain any longer.

The pain had started suddenly at midnight, and by just past 6:00 a.m. I phoned my mom to come and take me to the ER.  By then I had most of the classic symptoms--severe pain, bloating, bowel movements, vomiting, and fever--and was not only certain it was my appendix, but was also certain the ER docs would be able to identify it quickly.  And with lab tests and a CAT scan, they did.  All in all, everything went well.  No rupture, and I was released home the next day.  Afterwards, I asked how long in advance do you feel symptoms of an appendicitis and was told that it is possible to have "chronic appendicitis" with severe pain, but that in the case of an acute appendicitis you're not going to feel it until it's happening.  So, it seems that my foreboding feeling of an upcoming appendicitis---with absolutely no pain---was indeed a psychic feeling.

If I had gone to the ER or even to see my family doc a few weeks earlier, and told them I think I'm going to be having an appendicitis, I wonder what they would have said!  Ha ha!  It would have been great to have that documented, but then again, why waste a copay?

Hopefully this is the last surgery I'll ever have, but I'm fairly confident that if it isn't, I'll know about it before it happens.  What good will it do me?  I don't know.  But I like to believe that there's a reason for everything.  When I psychically receive information about something that I can't do anything about, there must be a reason for it.  Usually there's a feeling of comfort that comes along with it.  Such as to say, "This is what's coming.  It'll be scary, but don't worry.  Everything's going to be ok."  And I like that.  That's good enough for me.

No comments: